Residual dirt, fiber remnants and degraded plastic are slowly accumulated inside extruder during printing process. To clear the dirt, or remove small fiber pieces from an extruder do the following
- Using the 2mm hex key from Tool Kit loosen the side screws of fan bracket. Remove the fan bracket carefully, fan bracket stays hang on wires.
- Heat the composite extruder up to 200C° . Using the 9 mm socket wrench unscrew the composite nozzle from the composite extruder – turn it clockwise, do not use too much force to avoid damage of the composite nozzle
- Check the сomposite nozzle, there should be no fiber pieces inside. If they are there, remove them with tweezers.
- Heat composite extruder up to 250C°. Clean the guide tube in composite heater block with cleaning needle from tool kit or you can use any stiff steel wire with 0.8 diameter.
- Using the 2 mm hex key from tool kit loosen set screws and pull down the composite extruder.
- Heat composite extruder up to 250C°. Hold it by pliers, and clean the guide tube in composite heater block by cleaning needle.
- If some fiber remains at cutter sleeve or guide bush – clean it with tweezers.