- Aura 2.x (Windows, x64)
- v2.3.2 - 160 MB (13.07.2021) – Latest version
- v2.2.1 - 160 MB (09.06.2021)
- v2.2.0 - 160 MB (28.04.2021)
- v2.1.5 - 155 MB (23.03.2021)
- v2.1.4 - 155 MB (08.03.2021)
- v2.1.3 - 155 MB (19.02.2021)
- v2.0.11 - 155 MB (05.02.2021)
- v2.0.10 - 155 MB (26.01.2021)
- v2.0.9 - 155 MB (19.01.2021)
- v2.0.8 - 155 MB (25.12.2020)
- v2.0.7 - 155 MB (18.12.2020)
- v2.0.6 - 155 MB (11.12.2020)
- v2.0.5 - 155 MB (04.12.2020)
- [Added] New reinforced infill pattern – Tetragrid. Tetragrid is based on Anisogrid but allows to make ribs, which are inclined from the vertical plane.
- [Added] Now, the parts can be printed without an external shell completely (you can set the external shell loops count to zero if you have an Aura.Open license). Please note that the plastic extruder will still be used to print support structures and some other features of the part.
- [Added] If you open a project with outdated AP settings, the dialog appears, allowing you to update the settings to the latest versions. During the update, only base settings are updated. All user-defined settings overrides remain in place. Also, you can update settings in the project using the “Update AP settings…” in the Tools menu.
- [Added] Materials cost for the part is now displayed after the slicing.
- [Added] Notifications about Aura update available are now displayed.
- [Added] Automated updates of Aura from the server.
- [Added] Information messages about license expiry (appear 30 days before the license or Premium license expiry).
- [Added] Splashscreen.
- [Changed] Top and bottom solid infill areas are now calculated based on the external shell instead of internal plastic perimeters.
- [Changed] Premium expiry date is now displayed in the License Information window.
- [Changed] ProM postprocessor was updated.
- [Changed] The minimal fillable thin gap width was reduced from 0.4 nozzle diameter to 0.2 nozzle diameter.
- [Changed] Sample projects were updated to the latest profiles.
- [Changed] Build date and time is now displayed in the About window.
- [Fixed] Preheat temperature should now be always higher than standby temperature.
- [Fixed] Exception after running several instances of Aura right after installation.
- [Fixed] Negative values for infill extension into perimeters now work properly.
- [Fixed] CBF spool price.
- [Fixed] Tool change codes in ProM postprocessor.
- [Fixed] Updater issues.
- [Fixed] Exception when slicing with zero external shells and plastic perimeters.
- [Fixed] Small fixes in UI.
- [Changed] Updated settings for Composer 3D printers, Smooth PA, CFC PA material settings, and corresponding profiles. The updated profiles have improved print reliability and speed
- [Changed] Changes in polygon simplification algorithm to produce more accurate results in some complex cases
- [Changed] Reduced ironing speed for composite printing
- [Fixed] Error on opening sample projects in Windows 8
- [Fixed] Incorrect external contour in some rare cases [Fixed] Appearance of cellular infill on the holes in some rare cases
- [Fixed] Licensing issues
- [Fixed] Incorrect ironing for solid reinforced infill with non-zero infill extension into perimeters
- [Added] New welcome window with recent projects and changelog.
- [Added] Sample projects.
- [Added] Added popup bar with the file save and open process indicator.
- [Added] New “Start G-code” and “Eng G-code” settings in the Profile. These settings allow adding some custom actions at the beginning and the end of the printing process for specific material.
- [Added] New “Use relative distances for extrusion” setting in the Printer properties.
- [Added] New “Support expansion” setting in the Profile.
- [Added] Postprocessor for ProM IS 500.
- [Added] Added settings for heated chamber control. New heated chamber properties to printer settings, “Chamber temperature” property to material settings.
- [Added] Link to the online documentation in the Help menu. [Changed] Updated Smooth PA and CFC PA profiles, added preheat on toolchange. With updated profiles, the print time for the composite parts is reduced by 5-15%.
- [Changed] Optimized memory consumption of Aura GUI.
- [Changed] Improved polygon simplification algorithm to make the outer contour of the part more accurate.
- [Changed] Airgaps are now not subtracted from the support area on the first layer.
- [Changed] Updated minimum and maximum values for the “Angle between main ribs” settings in Anisogrid reinforced infill properties in Profile.
- [Changed] Updated descriptions for some settings, added missing descriptions.
- [Changed] Minor changes in JSON input file schema for CLI.
- [Fixed] Incorrect cellular infill angle and density in layer structure zones and internal masks. [Fixed] Disabled models were included in slicing.
- [Fixed] Interface support settings were invisible if the top interface was enabled.
- [Fixed] Exception while exporting the session.
- [Fixed] Exception while duplicating a printer in rare cases.
- [Fixed] Absence of reinforced infill in some cases.
- [Fixed] Wipe tower settings in user profiles are now visible.
- [Fixed] Error message when opening an incorrect model file.
- [Changed] Updated printing settings for Smooth PA, CCF 1.5k + CFC PA for better stability and quality.
- [Fixed] Incorrect behavior in masks intersection.
- [Fixed] Collision detection for disabled models.
- [Fixed] Small issues with support blockers behavior.
- [Fixed] Problems with AP settings update in some cases.
- [Added] Part masks allow setting the custom internal structure in different volumes of the part. Two types of masks are available – internal masks and full masks. Internal masks allow setting internal structure parameters such as perimeter count, infill type, density, etc. Full masks additionally allow changing the number of external shell perimeters and top/bottom solid layers. (Premium feature)
- [Added] Support blockers. Allow preventing the generation of supports under the surfaces that are inside the support blocker volume. (Premium feature)
- [Added] Support enforcers. Allow forcing the generation of supports under the surfaces that are inside the support enforcer volume. (Premium feature)
- [Added] CLI. Allow headless slicing from the command line. It can be useful for automated scenarios of g-code preparation. (Premium feature)
- [Added] New button on the Models panel to put the part on the buildplate (the lower point of the part will be located on the buildplate).
- [Added] Added a new view control toolbar at the top of the viewport.
- [Added] You can now rename parts and masks in the list on the Models panel.
- [Changed] If a STEP file contains multiple models, these models’ relative location is now preserved when you load the file in Aura. You can create the model with masks in CAD software and load the result into Aura.
- [Changed] Parts can now be translated by Z-axis. If the part is above the buildplate, support structures can be generated between the buildplate and the part.
- [Changed] Support structures are now generated correctly if one part is located above another.
- [Changed] Slicing progress indicator was reworked.
- [Changed] Multiple minor changes in toolpaths generation.
- [Changed] Override values now saved correctly on license re-activation.
- [Changed] Project migration is now done through temp files, so the initial project is not modified when opening it in the newer version.
- [Changed] Updated extruder heating speeds on Composer for more accurate print time calculation
- [Changed] Maximum fill density for composite lattice infills is now 80%
- [Fixed] Rec Relax profiles are not available in the EXT license
- [Fixed] Print volume height for Composer A4
- [Fixed] Exception in IU in rare cases
- [Fixed] Exception on trial license error during startup
- [Fixed] Reset of layer structure regions to default settings
- [Fixed] Slicing settings update on Aura update
- [Fixed] Incorrect saving of layer structure regions to the project file in some cases
- [Fixed] Icon on select boundary layer button (layer structure regions)
- [Fixed] Exception on license error during startup
- [Fixed] Default Z acceleration for Composer A3
- [Fixed] Reset of the collision detection results after turning off the collision detection in Settings
- [Added] New printing profiles for REC Relax (EXT package)
- [Changed] Default values for solid top and bottom layer count in some profiles
- [Added] New printing profiles:
- NEAT package:
- Smooth PA / CBF + CFC PA
- EXT package:
- Generic PLA / CBF + Generic PLA
- Generic PETG / CBF + Generic PETG
- ePA / CCF 1.5k + ePA
- ePA / CBF + ePA
- PolyMax PLA
- PolyMax PLA / CCF 1.5k + PolyMax PLA
- PolyMax PLA / CBF + PolyMax PLA
- PolyMax PETG / CBF + PolyMax PETG
- NEAT package:
- [Changed] Changes and improvements in printing profiles
- [Fixed] Problem with compatible materials sorting
- [Fixed] Checking that brim and skirt are located inside the print area
- [Fixed] Printer cloning
- [Fixed] License activation when license key contains space at the beginning or end
- [Fixed] Gaps between external shell loops not filled properly in rare cases
- [Fixed] Error in importing settings saved in the previous version of Aura 2
- [Fixed] Incorrect reinforced perimeters generation in some special cases
- [Fixed] Incorrect plastic infill density in part layer regions when density in the profile is zero
- [Fixed] Saving project with invisible models
- [Fixed] Hotkeys for some actions
New in Aura v2.1
New Premium features in Aura
A premium license can be combined with any Aura edition (NEAT, EXT, or OPEN). If you want to upgrade your license to a Premium license, please contact your distributor.
Masks (Premium feature)
Part masks allow setting the custom internal structure in different volumes of the part. Two types of masks are available – internal masks and full masks. Internal masks allow setting internal structure parameters such as perimeter count, infill type, density, etc. Full masks additionally allow changing the number of external shell perimeters and top/bottom solid layers. Read more about masks
Support blockers (Premium feature)
Allow preventing the generation of supports under the surfaces that are inside the support blocker volume. Read more about support blockers and enforcers
Support enforcers (Premium feature)
Allow forcing the generation of supports under the surfaces that are inside the support enforcer volume. Read more about support blockers and enforcers
CLI (Premium feature)
Allow headless slicing from the command line. It can be useful for automated scenarios of g-code preparation. Read more about CLI
Translation of parts along the Z-axis
Parts can now be translated by Z-axis. If the part is above the buildplate, support structures can be generated between the buildplate and the part.
View control toolbar
The new toolbar has multiple tools to zoom, rotate and translate view, turn on and off the visibility of masks
- New button on the Models panel to put the part on the buildplate (the lower point of the part will be located on the buildplate).
- You can now rename parts and masks in the list on the Models panel.
- If a STEP file contains multiple models, these models’ relative location is now preserved when you load the file in Aura. You can create the model with masks in CAD software and load the result into Aura.
- Support structures are now generated correctly if one part is located above another.
- The slicing progress indicator was reworked.
- Multiple minor changes in toolpaths generation.
- Override values now saved correctly on license re-activation.
- Project migration is now done through temp files, so the initial project is not modified when opening it in the newer version.
New in Aura v2.0
Changes in Aura Projects and Temporary Settings
When you open a project, the settings contained in it are no longer automatically saved to the settings library but imported as temporary. Temporary settings can be used for slicing in the same way as settings from the library, but they will be cleared when creating a new project, opening another project, or restarting the program.
Temporary settings are always displayed at the beginning of the list of settings on the corresponding panel (printers, materials, profiles). Temporary settings can be saved to the library by clicking on the save button. In this case, the custom settings from the project will be added to the library, and the overrides for the settings built into Aura will be overwritten.
Each parameter in the settings for materials, profiles, printers can now be overridden, reset, and saved. When a parameter is changed, it becomes overridden. Slicing uses overridden parameters. Overrides are saved across program restart.
All settings can be overridden, including the settings built into the Aura, which are marked with the AP index. The overridden value can be reset to the original (base) value. Also, if the settings are custom (without the AP index), then the overridden parameter values can be saved updating the base ones.
Compatible Materials in Profiles
For profiles, the ability to specify materials compatible with them (plastics and composites) has been added. Also, the profile can be universal – compatible with any materials. In the Slicing panel, the profiles list displays only those profiles that are compatible with the selected materials. All profiles from Aura 1.x are imported as universal.
Fiber settings were replaced with composite settings. Composite is a combination of fiber and plastic. Composite settings include all the plastic settings that are used in composite printing, for example, print temperature, cooling fan speed, etc. When importing an Aura 1.x project, a composite is created automatically for a combination of fiber and plastic in a composite extruder. When importing fiber settings from Aura 1.x separately, all settings related to the plastic are set to their default values.
Slots and Extruders in Printers
Each printer now has a list of extruder slots and a list of extruders that can be installed in the slots. Before slicing, on the Slicing panel, you can select which extruders are installed in the slots. The tool index and type (plastic, composite or universal) are specified for the slot.
Composer A4, A3 printers have 2 slots – slot 0 (plastic) and slot 1 (composite). Slot 0 can accommodate plastic extruders with different nozzle diameters. Only one composite extruder is currently available for slot 1. The PROM IS 500 printer has 4 universal slots, in which different extruders can be installed.
New Project and Settings File Formats
The new project file format has the .auprojx extension. Projects of the old format (.auproj) can be opened in the new version of Aura, but the project can only be saved in the new format. Settings files (materials, profiles, printers) also have a new format. Old format settings can be imported, settings can only be exported to a new format. An Aura.OPEN license is required to open old projects and settings.
Added licensing system including 3 levels of licenses corresponding to Desktop Anisoprinting packages (NEAT, EXT, OPEN).
- Plastic extruders with 0.6 mm nozzle diameter have been added to Composer A4, A3 printers.
- Added “manufacturer” field to material settings.
- Added the ability to collapse groups of settings in printers, materials, and profiles.
- The settings for the internal structure of a part, which were previously only available in the Slicing panel, can now be edited in the profile settings (Profiles panel).
- Confirmation is now requested when deleting printers, profiles, and materials from the library.
- When selecting extruders for printing various entities (outer shell, filling, etc.), the list now displays not the tool index, but the name of the extruder and the material installed in it.
- The names of printers, profiles, materials no longer have to be unique, the main identifier of the settings is now id, not the name.
- Changed captions for settings that were previously marked as (Developer).
- Plastic consumption is now displayed in grams and cubic centimeters instead of grams and meters.